Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-European-Stocks-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - barra - 2016-06-05

Dock Dambes, becareful, volumes are very weak

I don't really like Mr bricolage, anyway...

Avanquest, for aventurers only

My favorite...but once again, I missed it

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-06-05

I've run my prorealtime daily volume screener on the French market to see if I could add any to your watchlist.

Here's a few I found - KEY, KOF, CCN, BIG

And here's the code for my screen which I find the most useful for a daily scan for potential Weinstein stocks in prorealtime.

Code:
indicator1 = Volume
indicator2 = Average[200](Volume)
c1 = (indicator1 > (indicator2*2))

c2= Close[0] > Close[1]

c3= Average[10](Close[0]) > Average[10](Close[1])

Condition1 = (Close[0]-Close[1]) / AverageTrueRange[200](close)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] (Condition1 AS "ATR change")

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - kero - 2016-06-05

Interesting approach, isa. You directly focus on volume, whereas I was more focusing on chartist shape. Gives interesting results.

(2016-06-05, 10:13 PM)kero Wrote: Interesting approach, isa. You directly focus on volume, whereas I was more focusing on chartist shape. Gives interesting results.

I've found the daily volume scan finds most the best candidates for me, as in order to get to the 2x weekly average volume requirement, a stock first needs to have a very strong volume day normally, that's at least 2x it's daily average. But you'll often get much more on the good ones.

So the scan looks for a combination of a strong daily volume that's more than 2x it's daily average, and a rising 10 day MA, and a higher close, and then I filter them by using their 200 day Average True Range, to only show the ones that have had a strong price move relate to their normal range, as otherwise the list would be full of smaller volatile stocks. So the ATR requirement filters them by their relative performance to their normal price action, so you get small, mid, and large cap stocks in the results, as relative performance is all that matters.

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - barra - 2016-06-05

(2016-06-05, 09:41 PM)isatrader Wrote: I've run my prorealtime daily volume screener on the French market to see if I could add any to your watchlist.

Here's a few I found - KEY, KOF, CCN, BIG

And here's the code for my screen which I find the most useful for a daily scan for potential Weinstein stocks in prorealtime.

Code:
indicator1 = Volume
indicator2 = Average[200](Volume)
c1 = (indicator1 > (indicator2*2))

c2= Close[0] > Close[1]

c3= Average[10](Close[0]) > Average[10](Close[1])

Condition1 = (Close[0]-Close[1]) / AverageTrueRange[200](close)

SCREENER[c1 AND c2 AND c3] (Condition1 AS "ATR change")

Actually, I bought KOF one week ago.
I think you're right to search first the extra volumes. After that, you focus on the pattern.

For the french guys, I use the Wallmaster "investor" , very expensive, but quite eficient (Here)

(2016-06-05, 10:46 PM)barra Wrote: I think you're right to search first the extra volumes. After that, you focus on the pattern.

Yes, as volume is one of the four key components of the method (i.e. Price action, Volume, Relative Performance and Support/Resistance), so I find the majority of people, especially new people learning the method only focus on the price action, and often ignore the other three, whereas my research has shown me that you need all four requirements. And then, only if you have all of those, it's worth doing a deeper look at the sector and relative performance to it's sectors stocks to further filter the results. As that's another often forgotten part of the method that's also quite crucial to finding the A+ candidates, as well as multiple time frame analysis including monthly, weekly, daily and intraday charts.

There's a lot of things to consider with the method, so I find starting with the volume requirement (but on a daily level), really helps cutout the mediocre stocks from the scans and helps you finds stocks at or nearer the breakout level, as often the strong volume day to breakout will show up on the scanner before the price has actually broken out, and then if it meets the SA requirements you can estimate whether it's likely to meet the weekly volume requirements too.

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - barra - 2016-06-09

Umanis.

Nice cup with handle.

Installux, nice pattern, searching for volumes...

BArra

RE: European Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - kero - 2016-06-09