Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - shaunattwood - 2014-05-22

would you sat that TCG has rallied back to Stan's secondary short sale point B now that its back above 160?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-22, 09:40 AM)shaunattwood Wrote: would you sat that TCG has rallied back to Stan's secondary short sale point B now that its back above 160?

The move below the April swing low of 158.8 was the Stage 4A breakdown level, and so it's back above that after only a week below it, so I wouldn't consider it the secondary entry point as is too soon, but instead is still the initial attempt to breakdown into Stage 4A. Either way, it's around it's action point of the Stage 4A breakdown level and there was strong relative volume on last weeks initial breakdown and so looks to have potential imo, if it stabilises around this area and starts to show weakness again.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-05-22

A few for the short watchlist - RMV.L, GTC.L, DNDL.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-20, 09:07 AM)isatrader Wrote: For the UK watchlist from Mondays scans - OPG.L, HGM.L (Stage 1), NTBR.L, ROSE.L, GAH.L

For the short watchlist - BRSC.L

I got a bit lucky with NTBR this week. I entered a trade in a not so good position three weeks ago, and so was stuck at a price of 32.9. Chart was still bullish although the 50 day MA was broken, so I held. Then they had a strong trading update which altered the share price fundamentally (re-introduction of the dividend etc).

It had a nice gap up on the Monday open and hasn't looked back.

(i'm spec'in up a PR screener for these types of gaps as I do see them quite a lot)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-05-25

CNS.L - Stage 1B, working through it's resistance after a deep Stage 4 decline. Volume dried up nicely during the Stage 1 base and picked up again this week as it moves towards the top of the Stage 1 range again. Relative performance has also flattened out over the last six months or so and is now above a newly rising zero line. So a potential move into Stage 2A if it can close above 23p area imo, and hence a bit of work to do still.

UK FTSE 350 Sectors Relative Performance - isatrader - 2014-05-26

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/indices/constituents-indices.html?index=NMX&industrySector=&page=10 and use the drop down menu.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2014-05-26

(2014-05-25, 02:55 PM)isatrader Wrote: CNS.L - Stage 1B, working through it's resistance after a deep Stage 4 decline. Volume dried up nicely during the Stage 1 base and picked up again this week as it moves towards the top of the Stage 1 range again. Relative performance has also flattened out over the last six months or so and is now above a newly rising zero line. So a potential move into Stage 2A if it can close above 23p area imo, and hence a bit of work to do still.

Thanks, Isatrader.

I had a look at this chart, and scaled out to the monthly chart. Over the 5+ years this chart has dropped from 600, give or take, in what was in what looks like a stage4 that happened over 2 years. It looks like it attempted a stage 2 in April 2012 but failed (on the month) which makes the monthly chart look like it is still in the very early stages of a basing phase.

So playing devils advocate, as I do Smile, can we map Stan's stages (on a weekly basis), however many cycles from 1-4 occur onto the monthly chart?

Can we use the monthly chart to do the stages, or should we strictly stick to the weekly chart?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2014-05-26

(2014-05-19, 05:08 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 11:28 AM)shaunattwood Wrote: Is AZN now a pullback buy at 4200?

I don't think it meets the methods requirements imo, as the pullback is not only very sharp but the volume was heavier than the continuation volume, and so it is not what the method looks for, as it says to look for lighter contracting volume on the pullback.

I agree. Its also formed an Island Top reversal pattern. High volume bars on the gap up and the gap down. Those who went long at the price range of the island top will be hurting and wanting to get out, esp. now that pfizer has pulled out of the deal. Island tops are typically formed by news driven events...and AZN is perfect example of that.

I may open a short spread bet on the sector tomorrow.