Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 06:48 PM)malaguti Wrote: Thanks so much ISA, very comprehensive answer. I thought 250 was similar to 100 in its staging but I'll look again
look forward to posting more and contributing

Good stuff, I'll look forward seeing more of your posts and let me know if you need any help.

(2014-02-12, 06:48 PM)malaguti Wrote: Thanks so much ISA, very comprehensive answer. I thought 250 was similar to 100 in its staging but I'll look again
look forward to posting more and contributing

Good stuff, I'll look forward seeing more of your posts and let me know if you need any help.

For the watchlist today - ASY.L, IPO.L, IME.L

For the watchlist today - ASY.L, IPO.L, IME.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - goodtyneguy - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 09:53 AM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: Thanks for these.

Allocate Software (ALL) looks very interesting. On my charting application I can see Directors' Dealings and there's a cluster of SEVEN Director sales on the previous high (November 2013).

The sales co-incided, or caused, the share price to fall from 115 pence down to 96p.

The share price then recovered and has just exceeded the point where the directors sold a total of three million pounds worth of shares last autumn.

Whether this makes this particular even stronger because the stock recovered despite of these sales or that we may see a sell off here as people getting in at 115 may want to get out 'at evens'.

I know that everything is in the Tale of the Tape but this is the tale of the recent high and subsequent pull back in the tape and I thought that this may be of interest to the board.

- Malc

Four of the directors' sales are listed here. Three of them sold shares which had they had acquired through a company share option scheme and retained approximately one third of their allocations. The fourth director's sale did not involve share options, or at least it was not a sell off of exercised options at the time of sale. It is said that directors sell for many reasons, new home, kids school fees, holiday home, boat, wife's face lift/boob job etc or perhaps its a convenient time to sell for personal tax reasons. More important are director buys as they only buy for one reason, they expect the share price to go up. One exception being a token purchase to instil confidence in investors when a company is going through a hard time. I expect one of the instances would probably occur when a company is wanting to obtain further financing. It's also important to ensure that the purchase was made in the open market and not the just the exercising of share options etc. So basically it's wise to see in what context they are selling and probably more importantly when they buy unless the selling amount is colossal.

Also Blackrock lightened up a bit on it's holding recently but it still holds just under 10% and another US investment company Kabouter has accumulated 11% of the shares.

It broke out of a cup and handle pattern (see the daily chart) and there is some good volume coming in. Using O'Neils rules i.e. buy within 5% of the cup and handles BO it is not too far away to buy.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - goodtyneguy - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 09:53 AM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: Thanks for these.

Allocate Software (ALL) looks very interesting. On my charting application I can see Directors' Dealings and there's a cluster of SEVEN Director sales on the previous high (November 2013).

The sales co-incided, or caused, the share price to fall from 115 pence down to 96p.

The share price then recovered and has just exceeded the point where the directors sold a total of three million pounds worth of shares last autumn.

Whether this makes this particular even stronger because the stock recovered despite of these sales or that we may see a sell off here as people getting in at 115 may want to get out 'at evens'.

I know that everything is in the Tale of the Tape but this is the tale of the recent high and subsequent pull back in the tape and I thought that this may be of interest to the board.

- Malc

Four of the directors' sales are listed here. Three of them sold shares which had they had acquired through a company share option scheme and retained approximately one third of their allocations. The fourth director's sale did not involve share options, or at least it was not a sell off of exercised options at the time of sale. It is said that directors sell for many reasons, new home, kids school fees, holiday home, boat, wife's face lift/boob job etc or perhaps its a convenient time to sell for personal tax reasons. More important are director buys as they only buy for one reason, they expect the share price to go up. One exception being a token purchase to instil confidence in investors when a company is going through a hard time. I expect one of the instances would probably occur when a company is wanting to obtain further financing. It's also important to ensure that the purchase was made in the open market and not the just the exercising of share options etc. So basically it's wise to see in what context they are selling and probably more importantly when they buy unless the selling amount is colossal.

Also Blackrock lightened up a bit on it's holding recently but it still holds just under 10% and another US investment company Kabouter has accumulated 11% of the shares.

It broke out of a cup and handle pattern (see the daily chart) and there is some good volume coming in. Using O'Neils rules i.e. buy within 5% of the cup and handles BO it is not too far away to buy.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-02-13

Only a few additions to the watchlist today - ODX.L, IGP.L and SDM.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-02-13

Only a few additions to the watchlist today - ODX.L, IGP.L and SDM.L