Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-10-04

UK oil and gas sector:

Considering a position in BP.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-10-05

(2016-10-04, 10:46 PM)pcabc Wrote: UK oil and gas sector:

A lot will depend on the oil price getting through 50 and then 52 which are important levels. But yep I have a eye on the oils.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-10-05

(2016-10-05, 10:29 AM)Smellypunks Wrote:

A lot will depend on the oil price getting through 50 and then 52 which are important levels. But yep I have a eye on the oils.

There have been some movers in the oil and gas sector and SPOG.L is more bullish than CRUD.L. I've plotted my own breadth chart for oil and gas. Quite early days but the early movers and that the MA of CRUD.L is now sloping up gave me the confidence to open a couple of positions. But I could be proved to have been too keen.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-10-05

(2016-10-05, 07:25 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2016-10-05, 10:29 AM)Smellypunks Wrote:

There have been some movers in the oil and gas sector and SPOG.L is more bullish than CRUD.L. I've plotted my own breadth chart for oil and gas. Quite early days but the early movers and that the MA of CRUD.L is now sloping up gave me the confidence to open a couple of positions. But I could be proved to have been too keen.

One I quite like the look of is COPL which has good volume and could make a continuation breakout. Clearly we are all looking for the next SOU Smile

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-10-06

(2016-10-05, 11:53 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: One I quite like the look of is COPL which has good volume and could make a continuation breakout. Clearly we are all looking for the next SOU Smile

Not got that in my database, I'll have to add to it. Have SOU.L and have recently added TLW.L and BP.L. However, my portfolio is in a massive pullback right now so I'd not suggest that anything I do is something to emulate...

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-10-06

(2016-10-06, 10:59 PM)pcabc Wrote:
(2016-10-05, 11:53 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: One I quite like the look of is COPL which has good volume and could make a continuation breakout. Clearly we are all looking for the next SOU Smile

Not got that in my database, I'll have to add to it. Have SOU.L and have recently added TLW.L and BP.L. However, my portfolio is in a massive pullback right now so I'd not suggest that anything I do is something to emulate...

Well don't feel so bad all of us are feeling the pain right now, I like you are heavy into miners, gold stocks in particular which are getting killed right now (apart from AAZ which is rallying, very strange). But September and October tend not to be good months and the market has had to digest the big gains it had made early in the year. TLW is looking good, volume is nice but I want to see it break 290. I bought at 200 back in August (point B pull back) but am waiting for a strong break at 290 to add a continuation buy onto TLW.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-10-07

(2016-10-06, 11:29 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: Well don't feel so bad all of us are feeling the pain right now, I like you are heavy into miners, gold stocks in particular which are getting killed right now (apart from AAZ which is rallying, very strange). But September and October tend not to be good months and the market has had to digest the big gains it had made early in the year. TLW is looking good, volume is nice but I want to see it break 290. I bought at 200 back in August (point B pull back) but am waiting for a strong break at 290 to add a continuation buy onto TLW.

A lot of the stocks that took me into the pullback are sold. So they are not the ones that will pull me back out of it, so I wonder how things are going to go compared to keeping those stocks. I should be in the strongest sectors.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-10-07

(2016-10-07, 08:13 AM)pcabc Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 11:29 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: Well don't feel so bad all of us are feeling the pain right now, I like you are heavy into miners, gold stocks in particular which are getting killed right now (apart from AAZ which is rallying, very strange). But September and October tend not to be good months and the market has had to digest the big gains it had made early in the year. TLW is looking good, volume is nice but I want to see it break 290. I bought at 200 back in August (point B pull back) but am waiting for a strong break at 290 to add a continuation buy onto TLW.

A lot of the stocks that took me into the pullback are sold. So they are not the ones that will pull me back out of it, so I wonder how things are going to go compared to keeping those stocks. I should be in the strongest sectors.

Yes very interesting point. Because I am using the investor stoploss I am still in many of my stocks many are down as much as 50% from the high. Which do you see at the strongest sectors right now?