Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-08-31

(2016-08-31, 04:10 PM)Echevarriaeric Wrote: Tell me what you guys think of US stock HL, according to stage analysts it looks like it's in a stage late 3 early 4 but it could also be a simple pullback... Tell me what you guys think

Yes it could be in a topping process but will need some time to playout if it is. On the other hand this could be a continuation/consolidation pattern. Look at the 2011 high for the stock and you can see it took a number of weeks to playout.

The question is where do you place your stop; if you are 100% Stan then under the 30w as per the method. If it does endup being a top (which you should be able to see in the coming days/weeks) then you might look to move the stop up under the neakline/breakdown level.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-08-31

SL.L:

Interesting. I've noticed some UK REITs strengthening and my own, very limited, breadth calculations also show this.

I was going to say before jumping in that it was worth considering European and US REITs as being stronger. Much to my surprise relative strength plots say otherwise! Perhaps the timescale is too short in this RS plot?

Bit of head-scratching here.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-09-03

JLP - trying to make a continuation breakout @3.7. Its first attempt was blocked but its falling on low vol and risings on high vol.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-09-19

PVCS.L, BYOT.L both look interesting.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-09-19

RSA.L, SHP.L:

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-09-20

ESUR - trying to make a stage 2a breakout at 300p. Volume last weeks was 2.2x weekly ave. Daily volume the last two days has been massive. Resistance at 300. The 2h chart is showing a well defined channel price has been moving in. There is effectively a 3 year base on this stock which Stan would have liked. Also should it get through 300, there is resistance 3 year old resistance from 300 to 330 but no over head after that which Stan says is very bullish.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-09-28

A few UK stocks. SAB.L has been in stage 2 for a while but I find the volume build up interesting.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Smellypunks - 2016-09-30

HGM - continuation buy.