Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-27

With the markets getting more volatile I thought I'd start to look for some Stage 4A breakdowns and Stage 4 continuation moves lower for the watchlist as well.

HINS.L, IOF.L, SST.L, SDP.L, HFEL.L, JAI.L, CNE.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-27

With the markets getting more volatile I thought I'd start to look for some Stage 4A breakdowns and Stage 4 continuation moves lower for the watchlist as well.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tom - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-27, 09:07 PM)isatrader Wrote: With the markets getting more volatile I thought I'd start to look for some Stage 4A breakdowns and Stage 4 continuation moves lower for the watchlist as well.

I may have missed something. I see that you are measuring stage 4 stage by the 30 days MA. What's the theory of that? I don't remember anything about it in Stan's book.

By your standard, Is yahoo (YHOO) in stage 4? NB: I bought at 33 and holding it as long as the 30 weeks MA is rising..

(2014-01-27, 09:07 PM)isatrader Wrote: With the markets getting more volatile I thought I'd start to look for some Stage 4A breakdowns and Stage 4 continuation moves lower for the watchlist as well.

I may have missed something. I see that you are measuring stage 4 stage by the 30 days MA. What's the theory of that? I don't remember anything about it in Stan's book.

By your standard, Is yahoo (YHOO) in stage 4? NB: I bought at 33 and holding it as long as the 30 weeks MA is rising..

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 10:33 AM)Tom Wrote: I may have missed something. I see that you are measuring stage 4 stage by the 30 days MA. What's the theory of that? I don't remember anything about it in Stan's book.

Hi Tom,

I'd recommend re-reading the book and going through the hundreds of marked up charts on here and in the previous t2w thread, as Yahoo is in late Stage 2B.

We don't use the 30 day MA in Stage Analysis. It's the 30 week MA on all the charts you see and a 10 week MA, as the above are all weekly charts, as are the vast majority of charts on the site.

I appreciate I haven't shown many Stage 4A breakdowns or Stage 4 continuation moves over the last year, as the market has been in Stage 2, but a simple way to see what a Stage 4A breakdown looks like is to simply flip a Stage 2 chart that I've marked up upside down. Or off the top of my head there's a few I posted last night on the investor method thread here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=15&pid=2912#pid2912

I hope that helps

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 10:33 AM)Tom Wrote: I may have missed something. I see that you are measuring stage 4 stage by the 30 days MA. What's the theory of that? I don't remember anything about it in Stan's book.

Hi Tom,

I'd recommend re-reading the book and going through the hundreds of marked up charts on here and in the previous t2w thread, as Yahoo is in late Stage 2B.

We don't use the 30 day MA in Stage Analysis. It's the 30 week MA on all the charts you see and a 10 week MA, as the above are all weekly charts, as are the vast majority of charts on the site.

I appreciate I haven't shown many Stage 4A breakdowns or Stage 4 continuation moves over the last year, as the market has been in Stage 2, but a simple way to see what a Stage 4A breakdown looks like is to simply flip a Stage 2 chart that I've marked up upside down. Or off the top of my head there's a few I posted last night on the investor method thread here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=15&pid=2912#pid2912

I hope that helps

(2014-01-28, 10:56 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Hi Tom,

I hope that helps

oooh, Sorry I misread it.

One question though..

I see that your YHOO chart shows 30MA on 27th is at 33.64, however the yahoo finance page shows 30MA at 32.73. MSN money website is 33.05. Why the difference?

The MA is really important because I am setting the sell-stop around the 30MA as mentioned in stan's book. 33.64 would make my sell stop to be 32 7/8 instead of 31 7/8 for 32.73 MA.

(2014-01-28, 10:56 AM)isatrader Wrote:

Hi Tom,

I hope that helps

oooh, Sorry I misread it.

One question though..

I see that your YHOO chart shows 30MA on 27th is at 33.64, however the yahoo finance page shows 30MA at 32.73. MSN money website is 33.05. Why the difference?

The MA is really important because I am setting the sell-stop around the 30MA as mentioned in stan's book. 33.64 would make my sell stop to be 32 7/8 instead of 31 7/8 for 32.73 MA.