Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - barra - 2016-07-03

Hi,

According to me all the jumps are really linked to the drop of the british pound there is no other mechanism to look for. this idea explains the sudden reaction. for the next months the exporters will certainly take advantage of the drop of the BP, but the exit of the the EU market will be, at medium term, a major difficulty for them.
Considering the current situation of UK and the next uncertain times, I've decided to avaoid UK market for a while, even though the jumped are numerous and "sexy".

barra

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-07-03

(2016-07-03, 07:37 AM)barra Wrote: Hi,

According to me all the jumps are really linked to the drop of the british pound there is no other mechanism to look for. this idea explains the sudden reaction. for the next months the exporters will certainly take advantage of the drop of the BP, but the exit of the the EU market will be, at medium term, a major difficulty for them.
Considering the current situation of UK and the next uncertain times, I've decided to avaoid UK market for a while, even though the jumped are numerous and "sexy".

barra

Seems reasonable for me. If in a position before it jumps then at least it compensates for some of the drop in the currency - if that is relevant concern. Politics finally seems to be getting 'interesting' here! This will take a while to sort out.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - barra - 2016-07-03

[/quote]

If in a position before it jumps then at least it compensates for some of the drop in the currency -
[/quote]

Definitely Big Grin

see attached the IPRP in Euro, you posted it on EU watchlist but in GBP...No jump at all...

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-07-03

(2016-07-03, 09:12 AM)barra Wrote:
Quote: If in a position before it jumps then at least it compensates for some of the drop in the currency -

Definitely Big Grin

see attached the IPRP in Euro, you posted it on EU watchlist but in GBP...No jump at all...

No. But I was already in it, it did not hit my stop loss and now it looks like a good potential continuation to go in a watchlist. So can't complain.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-07-07

A few stocks from todays long scan - HUM.L (Stage 1B), ATT.L, CYN.L, ECWO.L (Stage 2A), FCSS.L (Stage 2A), OBT.L, POL.L (Stage 2A), SOU.L (Stage 2A), TSG.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-07-08

Some more for the UK watchlist today - ARM.L, SRX.L, SN.L, SRT.L, S32.L, DLAR.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-07-11

PLUS.L - Stage 2 continuation breakout to new 52 week highs.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-07-11

A few, one out of area but had to go somewhere.