Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-02-11

Early days yet but silver might be flattening into stage 1. Not had a higher low or high yet.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2016-02-17

Hi all, the precious metals miners have gotten off to a good start this year, like they did last year, although the move this year looks a lot more promising.

Below are the best looking stocks in my PM watch list at the moment. There is the odd one or two I have missed out but I will look to add those in the coming weeks.

One of the main miners on LSE and one of the leaders in this sector at the moment (along with FRES).

CEY - at 3 year highs

HGM - at key resistance level

GDP - great base/bowl pattern and move into stage

TSG - Another great base over 2 years and blasted off like a rocket! Low liquidity which therefore moves this stock (I bought this back at 96p when I didn't really know what on earth I was doing).

SHG - Stage 1 still forming on this. If gold stays good, this break out into stage 2 could come sooner rather than later.

PGD - Maybe hasn't been in a stage 1 for long enough. Technical look good though.

I may put a few more up at the end of the week. Lets see how this week plays out. 1180-1200 is a key level for gold. The stocks haven't retraced too badly considering that gold is a bit of its reach spike high.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-02-23

A few for the UK short watchlist from the P&F double bottom breakdowns scan - ITV.L, STJ.L, SPI.L, SOLI.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-02-23

A few for the UK long watchlist from the P&F double top breakouts scan - DRTY.L (heavy volume Stage 2 continuation attempt), LAD.L (Stage 1B), UKOG.L (early in Stage 2A), ABG.L (Stage 2A attempt)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - shaunattwood - 2016-02-26

Although I think it's premature to go heavy on shorts until the MACD does another bearish crossover, I've reshorted LLOY today at 72.35 due to its magnificent rally back to the neckline of its two-year top and back to it's down sloping 150 day MA.
I'm waiting for further rallies in TCG and TW to reshort.

UK Advance Decline Line chart - isatrader - 2016-02-27

Updated cumulative UK Advance minus Decline line chart

PFC.L - Stage 1 - isatrader - 2016-03-03

PFC.L - Stage 1 base forming. Potential for a breakout attempt, with relative performance moving above a newly rising zero line, and attempting to move above the resistance zone (as can be seen on the weekly ichomoku chart).

POLY.L - Stage 2A - isatrader - 2016-03-05

POLY.L - Silver miner that made a Stage 2A breakout three weeks ago, and this week cleared old resistance from it 2014 high. Big two year base, and increasing volume since the breakout at double the average each week. And relative performance versus the S&P 500 is at two year highs and above a rising zero line.

The monthly chart has also moved into Stage 2A, and the sector has as well this week, as shown in the US thread.