Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

Major UK Stock Indexes Update - FTSE 100, FTSE 250, FTSE AIM - isatrader - 2016-01-31

Attached is the weekly and monthly major UK index charts

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-01-31

UK major Gold and Silver stocks RRS.L and FRES.L showing some relative strength

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-01-31

(2016-01-31, 12:01 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-01-31, 11:57 AM)pcabc Wrote: Interesting. Mine is based only on the FTSE350 (and I've not checked the components lately). It therefore appears that the top 350 stocks are behaving more strongly than the rest of the market.

I think the stockcharts one covers around 1500 UK stocks.
That probably makes it more useful than my AD line in general. However, personally I like to plot my own charts. However, I'm not putting 1500 stocks in my database to do this stat.

(2016-01-31, 12:30 PM)isatrader Wrote: UK major Gold and Silver stocks RRS.L and FRES.L showing some relative strength

Unfortunately there is a lot of noise on it such that it is not worth plotting but the UK gold sterling ETF, PHGP.L, has made a higher low so perhaps in sterling terms it might be no longer dropping.

Following the observation that the cummulative advancing declining volume ration is rising I added more gold miners to my database last week. New plot attached.

Despite the advancing / declining volume ratio it seems like the general trend is stage 4 but given that some stocks have strengthend perhaps we are turning a corner?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2016-01-31

Here's the weekly and monthly charts for spot gold price in Pounds. Weekly has made a Stage 2A breakout this week into a heavy zone of resistance, and the monthly is back in a monthly Stage 1, after a failed Stage 4 continuation attempt, and has a two year base. So looks like a big two year monthly Stage 1 base to me in Pounds.

Here's the 5 year bullionvault spot chart for Pounds and Euros for comparison. As in Euros, it's at the secondary Stage 2 entry point imo, as it's testing/rebounding at support from it's January 2015 Stage 2A breakout.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-02-03

Mid week market breadth

My breadth calculations so use at your own peril.

Will have to use an alternate data source for FTSE250 or not post at all in future.

FRES.L - Stage 1B breakout - isatrader - 2016-02-04

FRES.L - Short term breakout in Stage 1B, so close to a possible Stage 2A breakout attempt, although still under considerable resistance zone. Monthly chart is attempting to recapture the 30 month MA, and so I'd give it a Stage 4B- rating on the monthly chart currently.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-02-04

Whilst considering RIC early this morming and discovering I'd missed the ideal entry point owing to a delay in the data I thought that SPGP.L (gold producers ETF) looked good. It had broken out against recent resistance around 4.25. Owing to resistance at 4.5 from October I decided to hold off until it broke above that level. Likely a valid view. However, today it has gapped up closing at 4.75. Unfortunately buy stops are not available to me, a buy stop at 4.6 would have otherwise been logical.

Just considering putting in an order, it is now higher than I would have liked but this is a sector ETF not an individual stock and it is clear that interesting things are happening in this sector. Thinking either of investor stop loss at 3.75 or trader stops at 4.1 or 4.2. Bit wary that the trader stops are rather tight so I am likely to get stopped out due to present volatility. It is otherwise a turbulent time. Also worth considering that there are few LSE listed miners and I can only use stop losses on LSE listed stocks icluding the ETF.

Note that today's data point is only the close.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-02-09

OK, gold in sterling as it is relevant:

Miners: