Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - StageAnalysis - 2016-01-07

Unsurprisingly there's a large amount of UK P&F Breakdowns today. Here's a screenshot of the scan results to have a look through manually to try and find those illusive SA candidates.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - keithbin - 2016-01-07

(2015-11-22, 11:38 PM)Tryst Wrote: There is a quote from Ed Seykota that reads...“If you can’t take a small loss, sooner or later you will take the mother of all losses.”

Boy is that true.

yep - I've been there, done that Undecided

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2016-01-07

Interesting things on the ETF front. Note that ETF data is one day behind for me.

XSSX.L, EURO STOXX 50 SHORT DAILY UCITS ETF:

XS7S.L, Stoxx Europe 600 Banks Short Daily UCITS ETF:

Note some noise on the earlier data on the 5Y chart.

Gold miners:

SPGP.L is iShares Gold Producers. GDXJ.L is Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF

Note I have my home-grown and not rigorously scientific breadth chart based on a fairly arbitrarily selected group of gold miners with GDXJ and a gold etf plotted against the breadth data. The breadth data does not look so good. What is happening?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2016-01-09

IUKP.L - Attempting to make a Stage 4A breakdown

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2016-01-14

I've discovered that stockcharts.com now has advance decline data for the LSE, and covers around 1663 issues currently. The data only goes back five years, but attached is the normal chart I show with the one year chart, momentum index and 10 MA oscillator. And also the full six years for context.

Here's the symbols:
$LOAD LSE - Advance-Decline Issues
$LOADU LSE - Issues Unchanged
$LOADV LSE - Issues Advancing
$LODEC LSE - Issues Declining
$LOTOT LSE - Total Active Symbols

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - shaunattwood - 2016-01-15

Two more UK shorts violating support: III and SVS

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-01-17

A couple of London listed short index ETFs.

XEMD tracks the MSCI Emerging Market index. Too late to catch this one but perhaps it might pull back of make a continuation.

XSSX.L, short Stoxx 50. Just breaking support. I've also plotted the index chart over a longer time period.

There seems to be strong support at 3000 which has been broken. There is some just below 2900 but not as much.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - pcabc - 2016-01-21

Personally I'd not go long now. However, I thought this chart of AQP.L is interesting. Textbook volumeThis is against a backdrop of platinum being in stage 4, see PHPT.L