Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-02-12

FTSE 250 at new highs

Here's a few more for the UK long watchlist - BKG.L, BRIT.L, INCH.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2015-02-12

A few longs:
CRH.L. This was put up by Isatrader (?) a day or two ago. Volume is developing. Can't quite decide where I would put a stop. Would 1450ish be the least conservative place to put one? That is about 20%. 1600 looks too close. Is the risk / reward worth it?

Curious, three housebuilders and a builders merchant showing on my screener at the same time. That is a hint about the sector. Redrow had the large spike yesterday, and providing it does not shoot up on opening it does not look too late to put an order in? However, stop would go at approx 255, 27% away, this looks too far, countering this volume is excellent, RSI is on the up just crossing zero. TPK.L, stop at 1710 would give 14.5% away. TW.L, stop at 122 is 16% away. BDEV.L, stop at 412 would be 13% away, but RSI on a downward trend about to cross zero.

Scratching my head a little, I'm sure there are good picks in here but the lower risk stops have lower RSIs.

----
Just noticed CRH.L is also in construction and materials.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-02-13

Strong breath in the US today with breakouts in the percentage of stocks above their 200 day MAs in the NYSE and Nasadq. So here's a few more for the UK long watchlist as we could get some tailwinds from their positive momentum

STJ.L, CLLN.L, DEB.L (Stage 1), GFTU.L

A few more from yesterday's scans for the watchlist - CLIG.L, CTR.L

Some from the intraday scans - BNKR.L, PLI.L, MAB.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-02-16

CLIG.L - attempting to make a Stage 2 continuation intraday

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-02-16

MRO.L - Attempting to make an early Stage 2A breakout. Relative performance is still below a declining zero line though.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2015-02-16

Some longs. A lot of stocks showed up in my screener today. However, the most interesting charts were not at the top. I'm not sure if I should try to tweak the system or whether this is how it inevitably pans out. Spot the odd man out, DBK.DE, PIM.L, LRD.L, TRAK.L & SPL.L: