Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-01-07

For the UK watchlist tonight - CNN.L, UU.L, TW.L, BDEV.L, HWDN.L, BMK.L (Stage 2A), RTN.L, JSG.L, HSV.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2015-01-08

(2014-12-11, 09:58 PM)isatrader Wrote: And for the short watchlist - BGEO.L

What's peoples general shorting locations with stocks? I know that breaking below key support levels and breaking new lows are areas where short positions can be placed, but does anyone also look at price movements back towards the MA? So in my case below, in a fast downward moving stock, the 50 day MA, would people consider this a potential short location?

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 12:02 AM)Tryst Wrote: What's peoples general shorting locations with stocks? I know that breaking below key support levels and breaking new lows are areas where short positions can be placed, but does anyone also look at price movements back towards the MA? So in my case below, in a fast downward moving stock, the 50 day MA, would people consider this a potential short location?

I don't do much shorting personally, but that's looks like the initial pullback B location from the book on chart 7-13 on page 229 to me, as it's a pullback to the Stage 4A breakdown zone.

But shaunattwood does a fair bit of short selling on the pullback I believe, so would be the best person to ask I think.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - Tryst - 2015-01-08

thanks for the book/chart reference, I will check that out in bed tonight

(2015-01-08, 12:14 AM)Tryst Wrote: thanks for the book/chart reference, I will check that out in bed tonight

Also, as I'm more used to looking at breakouts than breakdowns I find it useful to look at a flipped chart when I'm trying to judge breakdowns. See attached flipped weekly chart.

For the UK long watchlist today - HILS.L, NETD.L, EPG.L, NAIT.L, ATST.L, WOS.L, TED.L, PDG.L (Stage 2A attempt), CINE.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-01-09

A few for the UK watchlist today - E2V.L, FLOW.L, MEC.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2015-01-12

A few for the UK watchlist today - SDM.L, ZOO.L (Stage 1), CLL.L