Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-10-08

...and I am glad that I sold Porvair some time ago.

I think that I am going to have to consider making a screener for laying. I did alright out of laying Tesco earlier this summer and wish that I didn't pull out until now but at least I got a nice new bathroom out of it.

Every little, as they say, helps.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-10-08

The FTSE 250 index is attempting to breakdown into Stage 4A this week.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-10-08

For the long watchlist - TED.L

The rest of the stocks are for the short watchlist again, which is highlighted by the inclusion of the FTSE 250 index (MCX) which is attempting to breakdown into Stage 4A itself.

CIC.L, TT.L, FGT.L, HHI.L, FSJ.L, GFRD.L, JMAT.L, BRSN.L, GAH.L, KBC.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - isatrader - 2014-10-09

More for the UK short watchlist today - RMV.L, EPG.L, BVIC.L, MRCH.L, HRI.L, OXIG.L, SDRC.L, TPK.L, WOS.L

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-10-09

It may be of interest that my new Acme Laying Screener also brought up Britvic (BVIK.L) and Travis Perkins (TPK.L) as shorts today too.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - pcabc - 2014-10-09

Just went and checked my screener. Looks like two longs (for the brave...) and a shed load of shorts. Here are the longs:

And the shorts:

(2014-10-09, 08:41 PM)MalcolmSm1th Wrote: It may be of interest that my new Acme Laying Screener also brought up Britvic (BVIK.L) and Travis Perkins (TPK.L) as shorts today too.

Interesting, my 'main' screener page only highlights highs or lows when the preceding highs and lows were more than a certain number of days ago, hence these two were missed by me. This way it mainly catches new break outs or break downs but not every day it makes a new high or new low. It does filter out a lot of false positives but some good stuff is lost.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion (Premium) - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-10-10

I had four Longs last night and then I changed my code a little to make it a little 'tighter' than before. This resulted in two longs.

Dignity was one of the two that I had dropped but of the two remaining longs one is HIKMA (HIK.L). No point in putting up the chart here as you have done it.

The other Long, incidentally, was Burburry (BRBY.L) but that got scrapped on a manual check.

Then over to the shorts. My screener brought up twenty five of them. Britvic and Travis I have mentioned before but one which looks interesting is Royal Dutch Shell (RDSB.L). Both the weekly and daily are posted.

Of the other shorts one in particular does interest me: Whitbread (WTB.L). The daily chart was triggered on my screener but it's the weekly which looks promising as a short as it's just pegged below the 50week MA.

The only exposure to this company that I have is that I know that they own Costa Fortune coffee and I've noticed that the shop that they have opened up on my high street here in Porthmadog is up for sale. This may of course be nothing but a co-incidence and that proper shops have to make way for yet another charity shop.

- Malc

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-10-10

As I highlighted early in the week in the small caps, UK stocks have continued to be under pressure this week and the main UK indexes are all now attempting to breakdown into Stage 4A, except the AIM which has been in Stage 4 for many months. Today's closing prices will be key as to whether we get a Stage change across the board in the UK. But if we do, then I recommend a refresher of page 129 in the book - Stan's Don't Commandments, and for the traders a refresher of Chapter 7. Attached are the charts.