Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: UK Stocks and ETFs - Watchlist and Discussion (/Thread-UK-Stocks-and-ETFs-Watchlist-and-Discussion)

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - nayan - 2014-01-19

[quote='MalcolmSm1th' pid='2793' dateline='1390144428']
Hi Malcolm,

I wonder if you are the same Malcolm that used to hang out on CompuServe's Investor's Forum in the 1990s. If you are, then you might remember Ted; he passed away -- unfortunately -- but I think you were good friends. Anyway, I was just thinking of Ted this morning and I came across your post this afternoon. So I just had to register to this web-site to say hi to you.

Best,

Nayan Ruparelia.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - nayan - 2014-01-19

[quote='MalcolmSm1th' pid='2793' dateline='1390144428']
Hi Malcolm,

I wonder if you are the same Malcolm that used to hang out on CompuServe's Investor's Forum in the 1990s. If you are, then you might remember Ted; he passed away -- unfortunately -- but I think you were good friends. Anyway, I was just thinking of Ted this morning and I came across your post this afternoon. So I just had to register to this web-site to say hi to you.

Best,

Nayan Ruparelia.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-01-19

Goodness, you've got a good memory and, yes, that was me. Ted of course passed away as you know but we had good times, mostly spent winding up the less than useful tech support for MetaStock.

And hello back to you too, sir.

- Malc

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - MalcolmSm1th - 2014-01-19

Goodness, you've got a good memory and, yes, that was me. Ted of course passed away as you know but we had good times, mostly spent winding up the less than useful tech support for MetaStock.

And hello back to you too, sir.

- Malc

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-08, 02:46 AM)isatrader Wrote: An index chart that hasn't been shown before on the site is the FTSE AIM All Share index - AXX, but I thought it would be interesting as it shows that UK micro caps in the AIM market have been outperforming since the late summer when they broke out into Stage 2A, and over the last few weeks cleared the early 2012 highs and broke above the relative performance zero line versus the S&P 500 and so are also outperforming the US market now as well as strongly outperforming the FTSE 100. And hence UK investors and traders should be looking in the AIM market for Stage 2 opportunities as the AIM is now in a confirmed Stage 2 advancing phase after a few years of recovery from the Stage 4 downturn in the summer of 2011.

The AIM in the early phase of Stage 2 is in a completely different phase to the FTSE 100 which has been in a Stage 3 consolidation over half a year and the US markets which are in late Stage 2B. And so there should be lots of early Stage 2 opportunities to find in the individual stocks, some of which we have already found in the watchlist threads over the last few months. Attached is the charts.

P.S. The Government plans to remove 0.5 per cent stamp duty on AIM share purchases from April, giving investors an extra incentive to buy them over FTSE 350 stocks.

Hi, is there any sectors within AIM defined that we can analyse? Or is AIM just a case all in one basket and its a case of trying to find them?

What I want to do, for example, is check the FTSE350 sector 'Oil and Gas Producers' and then check all companies from a similar sector based on AIM.

Thanks

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - Tryst - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-08, 02:46 AM)isatrader Wrote: An index chart that hasn't been shown before on the site is the FTSE AIM All Share index - AXX, but I thought it would be interesting as it shows that UK micro caps in the AIM market have been outperforming since the late summer when they broke out into Stage 2A, and over the last few weeks cleared the early 2012 highs and broke above the relative performance zero line versus the S&P 500 and so are also outperforming the US market now as well as strongly outperforming the FTSE 100. And hence UK investors and traders should be looking in the AIM market for Stage 2 opportunities as the AIM is now in a confirmed Stage 2 advancing phase after a few years of recovery from the Stage 4 downturn in the summer of 2011.

The AIM in the early phase of Stage 2 is in a completely different phase to the FTSE 100 which has been in a Stage 3 consolidation over half a year and the US markets which are in late Stage 2B. And so there should be lots of early Stage 2 opportunities to find in the individual stocks, some of which we have already found in the watchlist threads over the last few months. Attached is the charts.

P.S. The Government plans to remove 0.5 per cent stamp duty on AIM share purchases from April, giving investors an extra incentive to buy them over FTSE 350 stocks.

Hi, is there any sectors within AIM defined that we can analyse? Or is AIM just a case all in one basket and its a case of trying to find them?

What I want to do, for example, is check the FTSE350 sector 'Oil and Gas Producers' and then check all companies from a similar sector based on AIM.

Thanks

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 01:51 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi, is there any sectors within AIM defined that we can analyse? Or is AIM just a case all in one basket and its a case of trying to find them?

Thanks

I don't think there's sector charts that include the AIM stocks, but one method that I use to compare AIM stocks is on ADVFN, as it lists the sector that the stock belongs to in it's Financials page. So for example here is the link to Globo's (LSE:GBO) financials page: http://uk.advfn.com/p.php?pid=financials&symbol=LSE%3AGBO which I highlighted on Friday (nice earnings growth with strong Stage 2), from which you can see that it lists it as in the Software and Computer Services sector, and you can click on the more like this link, and it will take you through to the sector page that lists every UK stock in that sector, which you can then compare against.

RE: UK Stocks - Watchlist and Discussion - isatrader - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 01:51 PM)Tryst Wrote: Hi, is there any sectors within AIM defined that we can analyse? Or is AIM just a case all in one basket and its a case of trying to find them?

Thanks

I don't think there's sector charts that include the AIM stocks, but one method that I use to compare AIM stocks is on ADVFN, as it lists the sector that the stock belongs to in it's Financials page. So for example here is the link to Globo's (LSE:GBO) financials page: http://uk.advfn.com/p.php?pid=financials&symbol=LSE%3AGBO which I highlighted on Friday (nice earnings growth with strong Stage 2), from which you can see that it lists it as in the Software and Computer Services sector, and you can click on the more like this link, and it will take you through to the sector page that lists every UK stock in that sector, which you can then compare against.