Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator (/Thread-How-to-create-the-Mansfield-Relative-Performance-Indicator)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - odlareg - 2016-08-01

(2016-07-31, 02:01 PM)kero Wrote: It is already in ProRealTime. In the indicators of the French version, you find it under "Force Relative de Mansfield (Comparison)".

Thank you kero. Was looking with my noseBig Grin

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - username - 2017-03-13

Hi Isatrader

How do you search for a list of sectors and rank them according to relative performance like you do in the image below? Tx for the help and the great forum!

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - isatrader - 2017-03-13

(2017-03-13, 09:34 PM)username Wrote: Hi Isatrader

How do you search for a list of sectors and rank them according to relative performance like you do in the image below? Tx for the help and the great forum!

How I created them in the image was with a piece of sotware called ProTA, into which I downloaded the sector data regularly and created the Mansfield RS indicator, and then setup a list into which I could filter the data. I don't have the program on my current computer and so am unable to do it anymore in that simple way. And so unfortunately the only way I could do it currently would be to manually input the Mansfield RS readings into a spreadsheet and filter it. So it is possible without the software, but would take a bit of time and patience to do it manually.

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - Cr8zYm0nK91 - 2017-03-30

Hi Isatrader,

I use ProRealtime as my data service. And i have a quistion for you regarding this indicator. i was wondering if i should use the mansfield relative strenght indicator with a lineair scale or logarithm scale? Does it make much of a difference?
For further information:
I use the mansfield RS with 52 weekly periods, with a multiplier of 10

PS. This site is amazing, there's so much information here. I'm uncovering valuable information all the time.

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - isatrader - 2017-03-30

(2017-03-30, 12:21 PM)Cr8zYm0nK91 Wrote: Hi Isatrader,

I use ProRealtime as my data service. And i have a quistion for you regarding this indicator. i was wondering if i should use the mansfield relative strenght indicator with a lineair scale or logarithm scale? Does it make much of a difference?
For further information:
I use the mansfield RS with 52 weekly periods, with a multiplier of 10

PS. This site is amazing, there's so much information here. I'm uncovering valuable information all the time.

I haven't been onto prorealtime for a while, but I think I used linear scale for the standard mansfield relative strength indicator. But you should be fine with either.

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - Stan ACT - 2017-06-25

Hi Isatrader,

Thank you for this post!!! :-)

I was able to replicate the indicator but the Chart 1 only, I cannot do the Chart 2. Sad

Would there be an additional instruction for Chart 2? Big Grin

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - kingsrook14 - 2017-12-17

I have coded this on Amibroker. Please let me know if there is something I need to improve on.

+++
_SECTION_BEGIN("MansfieldRelativePerformance");
/*
Mansfield Relative Performance indicator
The formula of this indicator is a bit more difficult than the regular Standard Relative Performance indicator:
Code:
MRP = (( RP(today) / sma(RP(today), n)) - 1 ) * 100
Where:
RP = Standard Relative Performance indicator (see above)
SMA = Simple moving average over n days.
n = 52 for weekly charts, and n = 200 on daily charts
*/

TimeFrameSet(inWeekly);
maPeriod = Param( "Weeks", 52, 0, 500, 1 );
rsSymbol = ParamStr( "Index Symbol", "NSENIFTY" ); //Change the symbol to your Index

rs = ( Close / Foreign( rsSymbol,"Close" ) );

RSC = 10*(( rs / MA( rs, maPeriod ) ) - 1);
TimeFrameRestore();

RscMansfield = TimeFrameExpand(Rsc,inWeekly,expandLast);
Plot( 0, "Line 0", colorBlue, styleLine);
Plot( RscMansfield,"RscMansfield",ParamColor( "Color", colorAqua ),1);
PlotOHLC(RscMansfield,RscMansfield,0,RscMansfield,"", IIf( RscMansfield > 0, ParamColor("Up Color", colorGreen ), ParamColor("Down Color", colorRed ) ),
styleCloud);
_SECTION_END();
+++

RE: How to create the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator - timatbay - 2018-01-12

Hi all
I am new in the Forum and still learning on trading.
I want to apply the stage strategy to my IRA account and later my trading account.
But I would like to try on my existing brokers before I move to others.
So does any one had luck replicating the Mansfield Relative Performance Indicator with the following brokers:
Fidelity,
Merrill Edge (Bank of America)
Charles Schwab StreetSmart Edge
TD AmeriTrade (TOS seems to be end of service, sad)
Or is there any free charting that provide such indicator?

Thanks in advance.
Tim