Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Beginners Questions - Smellypunks - 2016-10-12

So it takes me ages to scan through charts, I have to keep pulling up charts one by one. Is there some free software or something online that gives you the ability to scan large numbers of charts with the 30w ave showing? There must be a better way of looking a large numbers of charts without having to give up an hour + of my day doing it. thanks again guys. (I only buy FTSE and AIM stocks.)

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2016-10-12

(2016-10-12, 03:55 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: So it takes me ages to scan through charts, I have to keep pulling up charts one by one. Is there some free software or something online that gives you the ability to scan large numbers of charts with the 30w ave showing? There must be a better way of looking a large numbers of charts without having to give up an hour + of my day doing it. thanks again guys. (I only buy FTSE and AIM stocks.)

For for FTSE and AIM stocks prorealtime isn't too bad, as you can set up your chart style with multiple timeframes in the same view and then use the custom scanner to cycle through the stocks with the up and down arrow keys or scrollbar. Is still one at a time, but quicker.

My personal favourite is stockcharts.com as lets you view 10 charts at a time with your saved settings. But doesn't cover AIM stocks and isn't free.

RE: Beginners Questions - Geester - 2016-10-12

(2016-10-12, 04:10 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-10-12, 03:55 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: So it takes me ages to scan through charts, I have to keep pulling up charts one by one. Is there some free software or something online that gives you the ability to scan large numbers of charts with the 30w ave showing? There must be a better way of looking a large numbers of charts without having to give up an hour + of my day doing it. thanks again guys. (I only buy FTSE and AIM stocks.)

For for FTSE and AIM stocks prorealtime isn't too bad, as you can set up your chart style with multiple timeframes in the same view and then use the custom scanner to cycle through the stocks with the up and down arrow keys or scrollbar. Is still one at a time, but quicker.

My personal favourite is stockcharts.com as lets you view 10 charts at a time with your saved settings. But doesn't cover AIM stocks and isn't free.

I'm using SharePad. I've set up my 30 weeks MA, Relative Price and 10 MA also. You can expand the chart to full size and then just hit the spacebar to cycle through the charts in the various indexes or, the portfolios I've set up. It's currently £25 p/m but they have an initial offer for 3 months at £25.00 followed by £25 per month thereafter.

RE: Beginners Questions - Smellypunks - 2016-10-12

(2016-10-12, 04:10 PM)isatrader Wrote:

For some reason Prorealtime is not installing on my vista PC. Double click to install and nothing happens. Strange.

RE: Beginners Questions - Smellypunks - 2016-10-16

ISA how do I go about starting a thread on the Elite Board?

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2016-10-16

(2016-10-16, 05:34 PM)Smellypunks Wrote: ISA how do I go about starting a thread on the Elite Board?

You can start a new thread in the Members Threads board now, as I've increased you're access privileges. Just go to the Members Threads (Restricted Access) board and then click on the New Thread button on the top right of the page.

RE: Beginners Questions - Geester - 2016-10-18

Does anyone use the advance/decline (AD) line? I'm reading chapter 8 but the indicators, apart from stage analysis, seem very specific to the NY markets? I'd appreciate any feedback/insights. Many thanks!

RE: Beginners Questions - pcabc - 2016-10-18

(2016-10-18, 01:25 PM)Geester Wrote: Does anyone use the advance/decline (AD) line? I'm reading chapter 8 but the indicators, apart from stage analysis, seem very specific to the NY markets? I'd appreciate any feedback/insights. Many thanks!

I use advance / decline data. There are a few charts on line and some of the charting providers might carry it. However, I suspect the US data is commonest. You can get US date from:
http://unicorn.us.com/advdec/

For some other data I calculate it myself. Which takes much more effort and has some large limitations.