Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Beginners Questions - malaguti - 2016-05-15

(2016-05-15, 02:08 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: There is a differance between "spending my time trying to discredit it" and simply asking proofs that it works (or not). It's just a fact most trading systems that can be readed in a book don't work, while the very successfull traders and investors don't waste time writing a book, since they don't need to. For now, based on my researches, Peter Lynch is the only one who wrote a book to explain his method and has a proven track record of very hight returns.

yet there is no evidence that Lynch's book has been statistically shown to help you make any significant return. Lynch himself may have but that means nothing, even less than nothing is a book that you yourself can't follow to achieve the same returns

That's something that can't be said for Weinstein which has PROVEN to me to make money, which is the only person's opinion that I care about. Has it worked for me, YES. has any other book. NO. Do I care whether Weinstein is or was on Forbes Rich list? not one cent.
its what works for you, not for the author, not for everyone else

RE: Beginners Questions - SebForLiberty - 2016-05-15

(2016-05-15, 06:48 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 02:08 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: There is a differance between "spending my time trying to discredit it" and simply asking proofs that it works (or not). It's just a fact most trading systems that can be readed in a book don't work, while the very successfull traders and investors don't waste time writing a book, since they don't need to. For now, based on my researches, Peter Lynch is the only one who wrote a book to explain his method and has a proven track record of very hight returns.

yet there is no evidence that Lynch's book has been statistically shown to help you make any significant return. Lynch himself may have but that means nothing, even less than nothing is a book that you yourself can't follow to achieve the same returns

That's something that can't be said for Weinstein which has PROVEN to me to make money, which is the only person's opinion that I care about. Has it worked for me, YES. has any other book. NO. Do I care whether Weinstein is or was on Forbes Rich list? not one cent.

When you say it worked for you, could you tell us since how many years and what's your average return ? thanks

RE: Beginners Questions - malaguti - 2016-05-15

(2016-05-15, 07:32 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote:

When you say it worked for you, could you tell us since how many years and what's your average return ? thanks

"its what works for you, not for the author, not for everyone else"
I've been clear on my personal section every trade I've made, and backtested a simpler "version" of weinstein's method which is as close as I could come to backtesting such a method which can't be pinned down to a strict set of rules and entry criteria.
I can verify the results but they are on print. The method works for ME
Only you can tell whether the method works for you

RE: Beginners Questions - SebForLiberty - 2016-05-15

(2016-05-15, 07:49 PM)malaguti Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 07:32 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote:

"its what works for you, not for the author, not for everyone else"
I've been clear on my personal section every trade I've made, and backtested a simpler "version" of weinstein's method which is as close as I could come to backtesting such a method which can't be pinned down to a strict set of rules and entry criteria.
I can verify the results but they are on print. The method works for ME
Only you can tell whether the method works for you

That wasn't the question and Weinstein himself explain that what he teaches is a system that must be applied with discipline.

RE: Beginners Questions - diaz - 2016-06-01

Hi ISA,
I'd like to get back to beginner questions for a moment. I am wondering if you use stockcharts.com to find a double top breakout with P&F charts or if proreal time can perform the scan? I'm asking this question based on your post in the weekly Weinstein criteria forum. I don't think it's been mentioned elsewhere and I think it's an interesting method to use.

Secondly I'd like to know your opinion on gold at the moment as most market news makes it seem that due to pending increase in US rates the price of gold will fall. I don't think that any of the gold stocks I'm watching have retreated to the 200 day moving average, but are close in some cases.

Thanks for your input.

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2016-06-01

(2016-06-01, 02:04 PM)diaz Wrote: Hi ISA,
I'd like to get back to beginner questions for a moment. I am wondering if you use stockcharts.com to find a double top breakout with P&F charts or if proreal time can perform the scan? I'm asking this question based on your post in the weekly Weinstein criteria forum. I don't think it's been mentioned elsewhere and I think it's an interesting method to use.

stockcharts.com is the only cheap scanner I know of that can do the double top breakout scans with P&F charts with the correct tradional scaling. The other more expensive option would be Dorsey Wrights P&F service which is dedicated to P&F. But stockcharts does the job for me.

(2016-06-01, 02:04 PM)diaz Wrote: Secondly I'd like to know your opinion on gold at the moment as most market news makes it seem that due to pending increase in US rates the price of gold will fall. I don't think that any of the gold stocks I'm watching have retreated to the 200 day moving average, but are close in some cases.

Gold imo is in the first significant pullback phase since it's Stage 2A breakout. This can often be quite extreme in early Stage 2, and will sometimes pullback all the way to the breakout level or even below it. So, although I'd prefer if it doesn't as I've got some nice gains from my gold trade, I'm going to be holding my investor position until it breaks the methods rules, as it's going to plan so far at least.

The gold stocks tend are a lot more volatile, and have run a long way since the start of the year. So I think that they could possibly pullback more as they've only pulled back a quarter of the rally from the low in the GDXJ for example. But we'll see, and hopefully they won't.

RE: Beginners Questions - rjay - 2016-06-14

I can't find the interviews with Stan Weinstein on the link given in many posts on this forum (http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/stan-weinstein) ... have they been moved somewhere else ?

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-14, 08:15 PM)rjay Wrote: I can't find the interviews with Stan Weinstein on the link given in many posts on this forum (http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/stan-weinstein) ... have they been moved somewhere else ?

Looks like they've taken them off the site, as used to have links to the archive for multiple interviews. You'll need to email the financial sense website to ask them if they've moved them elsewhere.