Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Beginners Questions - SebForLiberty - 2016-05-01

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious to know if somebody can tell me what Stan Weinstein became ?

Indeed i can't find on the internet informations about him, contrary to most successfull traders.
I was wondering if his method allowed him to create a significative fortune.
I mean let's say for example that when he wrote "secrets for profiting in bull and bears markets" in 1988 he was trading 1 million usd on his own account.
If his method produced a 20% after tax return in average, then today he should have something arround 165 millions.
It's just an example, what i mean is that if his strategy is effective, after a such period of time, he should be extremely rich, but i can't find any proof of a such fortune.

Thanks in advance for your answers

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 01:58 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: Hello everyone,

Indeed i can't find on the internet informations about him, contrary to most successfull traders.
I mean let's say for example that when he wrote "secrets for profiting in bull and bears markets" in 1988 he was trading 1 million usd on his own account.
If his method produced a 20% after tax return in average, then today he should have something arround 165 millions.
It's just an example, what i mean is that if his strategy is effective, after a such period of time, he should be extremely rich, but i can't find any proof of a such fortune.

He started the Global Trend Alert institutional newsletter, and consultancy service in the early 1990's which still runs today - and you can subscribe to for around $60,000 a year. So, I think he's done alright for himself money wise.

RE: Beginners Questions - SebForLiberty - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 06:04 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 01:58 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: Hello everyone,

He started the Global Trend Alert institutional newsletter, and consultancy service in the early 1990's which still runs today - and you can subscribe to for around $60,000 a year. So, I think he's done alright for himself money wise.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, but this isn't a proof that he is generating an hight return from his system. If you research any successfull trader, you can find for example his net Worth, or even the % of return they have been achieving, in his case i find nothing. And he isn't Young, so he should have a very large fortune thanks to the power of compounded returns, especially if he sells a newsletter generating hight revenues.

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 06:58 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: Thanks for your answer. Yes, but this isn't a proof that he is generating an high return from his system. If you research any successfull trader, you can find for example his net Worth, or even the % of return they have been achieving, in his case i find nothing. And he isn't Young, so he should have a very large fortune thanks to the power of compounded returns, especially if he sells a newsletter generating hight revenues.

Why don't you ask him personally then. As he gives his email address freely in all of his interviews for you to contact him.

But, I don't see why you care so much about this. As the book was published 28 years ago, and still used today by investors/traders, and the institutional consultancy service is still going after all this time, and you're insinuating that it's some kind of scam, because you can't find his financials. Do you think he'd still be consulting professional traders after all these years if there wasn't something in the method that worked for them. That just wouldn't make sense.

But, if you don't trust it, them don't put the effort in try to and learn it, as there's plenty of other methods out there for you to try that are much easier, as Stage Analysis takes a very long time, and a lot of effort to learn.

RE: Beginners Questions - SebForLiberty - 2016-05-02

(2016-05-01, 11:55 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 06:58 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: Thanks for your answer. Yes, but this isn't a proof that he is generating an high return from his system. If you research any successfull trader, you can find for example his net Worth, or even the % of return they have been achieving, in his case i find nothing. And he isn't Young, so he should have a very large fortune thanks to the power of compounded returns, especially if he sells a newsletter generating hight revenues.

Why don't you ask him personally then. As he gives his email address freely in all of his interviews for you to contact him.

But, I don't see why you care so much about this. As the book was published 28 years ago, and still used today by investors/traders, and the institutional consultancy service is still going after all this time, and you're insinuating that it's some kind of scam, because you can't find his financials. Do you think he'd still be consulting professional traders after all these years if there wasn't something in the method that worked for them. That just wouldn't make sense.

But, if you don't trust it, them don't put the effort in try to and learn it, as there's plenty of other methods out there for you to try that are much easier, as Stage Analysis takes a very long time, and a lot of effort to learn.

I didn't know that. Thank you. Do you have the adress ?
I'm not saying it is a scame, i'm just aware that achieving a better return than the market is very hard, and losing money very easy (as i experienced when i started trading, or should i say gambling, when i was 18 years old).
Therfore when i look at a method, to know if this method is effective, i simply look at the success of people who use it.
Just like if you want to learn about entreprenorship, you will read the writing of very successfull entreprenors, not the books of people with no proof of success, right ?
Now you have a point about his news letter, even if nobody know how much clients he has. And maybe he has a fortune which isn't known, but that would be unusual.
I hope you don't mind if i'm a sceptic, i think that's just a rational attitude in trading.
And even as a sceptic, i really enjoy to read his books, it's a very interesting view of the market and i share this vision.

RE: Beginners Questions - SebForLiberty - 2016-05-02

Thanks for the private message. I can't answer sadly, i'm not allowed. I will ask him as diplomaticly i can but i doubt he will answer.

RE: Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2016-05-02

(2016-05-02, 09:10 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: Thanks for the private message. I can't answer sadly, i'm not allowed. I will ask him as diplomaticly i can but i doubt he will answer.

I've updated your permissions, so that you have full access to the site now.

RE: Beginners Questions - Lplate - 2016-05-03

(2016-05-02, 06:29 PM)SebForLiberty Wrote: . . . .
Therfore when i look at a method, to know if this method is effective, i simply look at the success of people who use it.. . . .
Hi Seb, welcome. That question is relevant if you were putting money into a fund which he runs. On the other hand, the question we face as individual punters is not what someone else has done, but whether we can implement the stage analysis concept and make money from it. You have to look back over some shares which have broken into stage 2 and say would I have been able in practice to get an entry, what would the risk be, and would I have been able in practice to exit at a suitable price.