Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Haugaard - 2020-04-28

(2020-04-27, 06:33 PM)Mashed Wrote: I have seen in other thread Netflix is consolidating a bull flag pattern. I would like to compare to a similar spot: Wallmart

[Image: dpDxmMZ8]

Weekly chart: Better to choose Netflix because comes a larger stage 3? Or here in stage 3 is not necessary to look that?
Nice volumen in both. 

[Image: Uz1E2Q2R]

Daily chart: Volume much better in netflix because grow up during the breakout. In Wallmart is during the coronavirus crash, and after the volume decrease.  

[Image: ycEBbjD8]
2 Hours: Again we can see the volumen is better in Netflix. 

So, if I am not wrong, volume is clear. But with same volumen, is better a larger stage 3? 

Thanks again  Heart Heart Heart 

PD Make sense for you compare similar graphic to see the differences?

Larger stage 3 is better. Volume is way better on Netflix than Walmart, but still not good enough to be considered A+. You would like to see at least 3 times the average daily volume on the breakout day.

All the best,
@marcushaugaard

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Mashed - 2020-04-28

Haugaard, thanks a lot! Smile Doubts resolved.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Joe725 - 2020-04-29

What about this stock? It is out performing all of its Moving Averages, has seen extremely good volume recently and has a very good MRS Trend. Conversion has lapped Base Line on Ichimoku cloud which i'm new to, but I think that indicates a bullish period for the stock? Is this a good stock to watch, if so my main issue is trying to find an entry position?

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2020-04-29

(2020-04-29, 07:06 PM)Joe725 Wrote: What about this stock? It is out performing all of its Moving Averages, has seen extremely good volume recently and has a very good MRS Trend. Conversion has lapped Base Line on Ichimoku cloud which i'm new to, but I think that indicates a bullish period for the stock? Is this a good stock to watch, if so my main issue is trying to find an entry position?

It is likely the most talked about stock currently, as they are fighting to be the first to get a coronavirus treatment. It is in Stage 2, but due to the volatility in the stock it would be a hard one to trade with the method, other than on a breakout to new highs or a pullback towards the 10 week (50 day) MA. It also carries a larger than average amount of risk due to the race to get a coronavirus treatment. If they fail, or someone else gets there first, then it could have a sharp reaction. So it's certainly tradable, but comes with high risk.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Joe725 - 2020-04-29

(2020-04-29, 07:42 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 07:06 PM)Joe725 Wrote: What about this stock? It is out performing all of its Moving Averages, has seen extremely good volume recently and has a very good MRS Trend. Conversion has lapped Base Line on Ichimoku cloud which i'm new to, but I think that indicates a bullish period for the stock? Is this a good stock to watch, if so my main issue is trying to find an entry position?

It is likely the most talked about stock currently, as they are fighting to be the first to get a coronavirus treatment. It is in Stage 2, but due to the volatility in the stock it would be a hard one to trade with the method, other than on a breakout to new highs or a pullback towards the 10 week (50 day) MA. It also carries a larger than average amount of risk due to the race to get a coronavirus treatment. If they fail, or someone else gets there first, then it could have a sharp reaction. So it's certainly tradable, but comes with high risk.

Ahhh okay I see, I did think the same. Think i'll let this one pass, think the fear of missing this would draw me in, but I guess all it takes is another company to beat them to it to send the stock crashing. Cheers

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Haugaard - 2020-04-30

(2020-04-29, 07:48 PM)Joe725 Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 07:42 PM)isatrader Wrote:

Ahhh okay I see, I did think the same. Think i'll let this one pass, think the fear of missing this would draw me in, but I guess all it takes is another company to beat them to it to send the stock crashing. Cheers

I do not know to which degree you are familiar with Stage Analysis, so it might be that you already know this. As a beginner, i think you should heavily consider, whether or not you should trade the current market. The market is still under its 30w MA and is therefore effectively in a stage 4 decline. In a stage 4, even more so than any other stage, stocks are influenced by the overall market. That means, that any stock you are long, even with A+ potential, could at any time be flushed out with the bathwater.

All the best,
@marcushaugaard

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Joe725 - 2020-05-06

(2020-04-30, 03:32 PM)Haugaard Wrote: I do not know to which degree you are familiar with Stage Analysis, so it might be that you already know this. As a beginner, i think you should heavily consider, whether or not you should trade the current market. The market is still under its 30w MA and is therefore effectively in a stage 4 decline. In a stage 4, even more so than any other stage, stocks are influenced by the overall market. That means, that any stock you are long, even with A+ potential, could at any time be flushed out with the bathwater.

All the best,
@marcushaugaard

Yeah i'm just watching for the best possibility at the moment, had a bit of luck with BYND today up from my initial $90 to $124 but apart from that i'm just sat on my hands for the most part waiting for any good stocks to come my way

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - mucked4u - 2020-05-07

Ok I am very interested in getting back into trading and am currently paper trading to get the feel of the strategy. My question is on freestockcharts.com I try to load the RSI and it keeps demanding a sector as well to guage against. What is the best sector to use since I cant have the RSI with sector selection.
Glad to be back.  Smile