Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions (/Thread-Stage-Analysis-Beginners-Questions)

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2020-04-19

(2020-04-19, 12:53 AM)Joe725 Wrote: Thanks! Apart from the whole market collapse this would have been a decent stock to look at then?

Not overly, as it was a very average breakout with no strong close or significant increase in volume on or following the Stage 2A breakout in October, and it was slightly underperforming the market following the breakout too. So more of C candidate than the A+ candidates that we are looking for at its breakout in October. The December continuation breakout was slightly more promising as the volume was up a little, but again it still wouldn't have meet the minimums that we look for.

(2020-04-19, 12:53 AM)Joe725 Wrote: I'm currently using the coding for ProRealTime you provided which is amazing thank you so much for the time and effort you've put into them! Am I correct in thinking the process is to run the scans and then look through all the stocks and personally decided what i think is going to be breaking out into Stage 2?

I idea with the scans is to look for stocks that are either starting to form promising patterns that may lead to a potential Stage 2A breakout or Stage 2 continuation breakout, or to find stocks that have already broken out and are showing the characteristics that we look for, and hence may be worth watching for when they make their next consolidation or pullback for a potential entry point to form.

Patience is key. As it's better to focus on finding the highest quality setups in sectors that are getting a significant volume boost.

Average volume equals average returns

(2020-04-19, 03:02 AM)Mashed Wrote: Hello guys,

Maybe the question is done, but i didn't find it.

In the Weinstein's book, we can read in volatile markets we should have a MA 10, and is better daily charts.
So my question is, is possible to check the crypto market whit method of stage analysis? Markets are markets right?
And about sectors and cryptos, do you know how can i put a sector (if exists) in Trading View to my relative strengh indicator? Make any sense have S&P500?  

Thanks Smile

Welcome to the site Mashed,

Yes, Stage Analysis can be used on any market, but you will be missing some of the key elements that we look at with stocks, if it doesn't have volume data, or sectors for example.

The 10 week MA becomes more important in volatile markets, but the overall weekly Stage using the 30 week MA is still where you should start. So if the market that you are looking at is in Stage 4, then the methods rules would stop you from buying except in exceptional circumstances.

For Relative Strength the S&P 500 is the baseline. As you want something consistent to compare against, so that no matter what you look at, you can if it's outperforming or underperforming the broad market. But it's valid to compare against other markets or sector too.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Mashed - 2020-04-19

(2020-04-19, 10:50 AM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 03:02 AM)Mashed Wrote: Hello guys,

Maybe the question is done, but i didn't find it.

In the Weinstein's book, we can read in volatile markets we should have a MA 10, and is better daily charts.
So my question is, is possible to check the crypto market whit method of stage analysis? Markets are markets right?
And about sectors and cryptos, do you know how can i put a sector (if exists) in Trading View to my relative strengh indicator? Make any sense have S&P500?  

Thanks Smile

Welcome to the site Mashed,

Yes, Stage Analysis can be used on any market, but you will be missing some of the key elements that we look at with stocks, if it doesn't have volume data, or sectors for example.

The 10 week MA becomes more important in volatile markets, but the overall weekly Stage using the 30 week MA is still where you should start. So if the market that you are looking at is in Stage 4, then the methods rules would stop you from buying except in exceptional circumstances.

For Relative Strength the S&P 500 is the baseline. As you want something consistent to compare against, so that no matter what you look at, you can if it's outperforming or underperforming the broad market. But it's valid to compare against other markets or sector too.

Thanks a lot for the answer and for all the knowledge you give us in differents post. Is amazing.

Heart

Hello again!

I have another question...Often i see hard spots. 
For example

[Image: MDRsQP6W]

Can we see in the yellow zone a Stage 4? Or only Stage 3? Or even is possible to see a stage 1? 

Thanks a lot! I hope you dont see a stupid question haha

(2020-04-19, 07:50 PM)Mashed Wrote: Can we see in the yellow zone a Stage 4? Or only Stage 3? Or even is possible to see a stage 1? 

Your chart is too long term. You should only have two to three years in view ideally.

In this case, DVA is still in Stage 2, as it held at the previous breakout level on the pullback and immediately regained the 30 week MA. So remains in Stage 2. See attached.

(2020-04-19, 08:17 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 07:50 PM)Mashed Wrote: Can we see in the yellow zone a Stage 4? Or only Stage 3? Or even is possible to see a stage 1? 

Your chart is too long term. You should only have two to three years in view ideally.

In this case, DVA is still in Stage 2, as it held at the previous breakout level on the pullback and immediately regained the 30 week MA. So remains in Stage 2. See attached.

I see! Thanks again!  Heart
I will keep in mind to have 2 to 3 years the chart. I didnt know it! Is much easier to see the stages, mainly when the charts have moves up and down.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - Joe725 - 2020-04-20

Sorry for the spam i'm just trying to find at least a couple of stocks to keep my eyes on, i'm going through the scans be to no avail currently. This one to me looks decent not the best quality due to volume, is this one to watch. I know currently the MA isn't very clear whether its on the decline or not, that's my only concern with the stock. Would this be a stage 2 in general but a relatively weak Stage 2 and to watch if the MA starts to recover.

RE: Stage Analysis Beginners Questions - isatrader - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-20, 01:34 PM)Joe725 Wrote: Sorry for the spam i'm just trying to find at least a couple of stocks to keep my eyes on, i'm going through the scans be to no avail currently. This one to me looks decent not the best quality due to volume, is this one to watch. I know currently the MA isn't very clear whether its on the decline or not, that's my only concern with the stock. Would this be a stage 2 in general but a relatively weak Stage 2 and to watch if the MA starts to recover.

Yep, this is much more like what you should be looking for, as it reacted well to the recent market collapse and recovered back to the highs quickly, and is now consolidating in a tight range for the last three weeks. Relative strength versus the S&P 500 is strong and there was some volume increase as it recovered back to the highs and broke out. So yes, one for the watchlist.