Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method
How to use the Reputation System - Printable Version

+- Stage Analysis Forum - Trading & Investing using Stan Weinstein's Stocks Breakout method (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Board (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Main-Board)
+--- Forum: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis - Stock Charts, Technical Analysis, Learn to Trade, Stocks, ETF, NYSE, Nasdaq (https://www.stageanalysis.net/forum/Forum-Stan-Weinstein-s-Stage-Analysis-Stock-Charts-Technical-Analysis-Learn-to-Trade-Stocks-ETF-NYSE-Nasdaq)
+--- Thread: How to use the Reputation System (/Thread-How-to-use-the-Reputation-System)

How to use the Reputation System - isatrader - 2013-02-26

Hi everyone, the forum software that I've created this site with comes with a reputation system where you can give positive or negative feedback to people for posts and comment in the reputation system. It's simple to use and has the option to give between Negative -2 to Positive +2 for a post if you want to.

It's up to everyone if they want to use it, but I always think it's good to encourage other members where we can, so if someone takes the time to do a long useful post then please take a few seconds to give them a positive rep.

You'll find it at the bottom left corner of the post box and it looks like the following:

RE: Reputation System - Locked in - 2013-03-05

Well, I absolutely love the new forum..my guess is your rep will be pretty high-

RE: Reputation System - isatrader - 2013-03-05

(2013-03-05, 04:10 PM)Locked in Wrote: Well, I absolutely love the new forum..my guess is your rep will be pretty high-

Thanks Locked in, I appreciate it. And hopefully, over time I can build it into a really useful site with lots of members that trade using Weinstein's method.

I'm thinking that the reputation button is too hidden as it doesn't have a word with it. So to make it more visible, and so that more people use it, I'm going to add some text alongside the icon like the others have. Current thoughts are:

Thanks
Give Thanks
Give Rep
Add Rep
Add Thanks
Rep

Does anyone have any preferences or other options that might encourage people to use the button?

RE: Reputation System - goodtyneguy - 2013-03-05

(2013-03-05, 04:18 PM)isatrader Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 04:10 PM)Locked in Wrote: Well, I absolutely love the new forum..my guess is your rep will be pretty high-

Thanks Locked in, I appreciate it. And hopefully, over time I can build it into a really useful site with lots of members that trade using Weinstein's method.

I'm thinking that the reputation button is too hidden as it doesn't have a word with it. So to make it more visible, and so that more people use it, I'm going to add some text alongside the icon like the others have. Current thoughts are:

Thanks
Give Thanks
Give Rep
Add Rep
Add Thanks
Rep

Does anyone have any preferences or other options that might encourage people to use the button?

Suggestions for other options;

Say thanks
Say thank you
Show appreciation

have a poll.

RE: Reputation System - RUTrading - 2013-03-05

My two cents:

Rate
Rate Post
Rate User

RE: Reputation System - isatrader - 2013-03-05

(2013-03-05, 07:57 PM)goodtyneguy Wrote: Suggestions for other options;

Say thanks
Say thank you
Show appreciation

have a poll.

(2013-03-05, 08:11 PM)RUTrading Wrote: My two cents:

Rate
Rate Post
Rate User

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

The winner is "Rate", as it fits in with the size of the other buttons, as it only has four characters, and I think it's clear. So you should be able to see it where the previous button was now.

Let me know if it's not showing. Cheers