Daily P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns in S&P 500
03-05-2013, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 08:55 AM by isatrader.)

Daily P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns in S&P 500

The purpose of this thread is to highlight the daily breakouts and breakdowns in the S&P 500, from which we can then look through to find any possible candidates that meet Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis methods rules.

I use a simple scan each day to find point and figure double top breakouts, and double bottom breakdowns using the traditional scaling method for point and figure charts on a high/low setting.

The small list of stocks that the scan generates can then be manually looked through by yourself on your own chart software to see if any of the breakouts or breakdowns are suitable Stage 2 or Stage 4 candidates.

I will try when I have time, to highlight any stocks that I think are potential candidates for further study. But feel free to discuss any of the stocks from the lists as you might see something that I've missed.

I hope you enjoy the thread, and for those people that want to see more breakouts and breakdowns. I do a complete list of Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in the US Market each day in the Elite section of the website. So to see more you need to subscribe to Stage Analysis and become an elite member. Details of how to become an elite member can be found on the front page of the forum here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/index.php#anchor

________________________________________________________________________________​____________

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts in the S&P 500. There was 12 breakouts and zero breakdowns today.

Breakouts - 4/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=169]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 10:42 PM by goodtyneguy.)

RE: S&P 500 P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns

(03-05-2013 12:17 AM)isatrader Wrote:  This thread will follow the daily breakouts and breakdowns in the S&P 500. I'll try to update it daily when I can.

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts in the S&P 500. There was 12 breakouts and zero breakdowns today.

Breakouts - 4/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=169]

Feedback: "Daily" or "Trader" in the thread title would be helpful.
03-05-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 01:02 AM by isatrader.)

RE: Daily S&P 500 P&F Breakouts and Breakdowns

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts in the S&P 500. There was 17 breakouts and zero breakdowns today. Also attached is the cumulative S&P 500 breakouts minus breakdowns chart, which has broken out to new highs and so the previous sell when it broke below the 20 day MA has been averted, and it is back on a buy signal.

There's a few average picks in today's list, but I'm not impressed with the daily breakout volume of any of those, as it's quite light across all of them. Remember we are looking for at least three times average volume on the daily charts on the breakout day and for the closing price to be near the high of the day.

Breakouts - 5/3/13

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
03-06-2013, 10:38 PM

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts in the S&P 500. There was 8 breakouts and zero breakdowns today. Also attached is the cumulative S&P 500 breakouts minus breakdowns chart, which continues to make new highs.

Breakouts - 6/3/13

isatrader

03-07-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 10:11 PM by isatrader.)

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts in the S&P 500. There was 8 breakouts and 1 breakdown today. And again, also attached is the cumulative S&P 500 breakouts minus breakdowns chart, which continues to make new highs.

Breakouts - 7/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=234]

Breakdowns - 7/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=235]

isatrader

03-08-2013, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 11:53 PM by isatrader.)

RE: Daily Breakouts and Breakdowns in S&P 500 and US ETFs

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts and breakdowns in the S&P 500 and the US listed ETFs. There was 7 breakouts and 0 breakdowns today in the S&P 500. Which gives a weekly total of 52 breakouts and only 1 breakdown. So +51 on the cumulative chart which continues to press to new highs.

S&P 500 Breakouts - 8/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=245]

US ETF Breakouts - 8/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=246]

US ETF Breakdowns - 8/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=247]

isatrader

03-11-2013, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 10:15 PM by isatrader.)

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts and breakdowns in the S&P 500 and the US listed ETFs. There was 8 breakouts and 0 breakdowns today in the S&P 500.

S&P 500 Breakouts - 11/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=335]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=336]

US ETF Breakouts - 11/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=337]

US ETF Breakdowns - 11/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=338]

isatrader

03-12-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 10:02 PM by isatrader.)

Below is the table of today's P&F breakouts and breakdowns in the S&P 500 and the US listed ETFs. There was 7 breakouts and 0 breakdowns today in the S&P 500.

S&P 500 Breakouts - 12/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=364]

US ETF Breakouts - 12/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=365]

US ETF Breakdowns - 12/3/13

[Image: attachment.php?aid=366]

isatrader