Watchlist - Traders method
12-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: Watchlist - Traders method

Some US stocks for the watchlist from the weekend scans - DSX, SB, SBLK, CMGE, CCRN, CCIH, AMCF, PRIX, CSRE

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 11:21 AM

UK stocks with potential for Stage 2 continuation moves - HRG.L, AHT.L

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
12-18-2013, 01:30 AM

Cable and Wireless CWC.L made a continuation move when it broke out today with a gap up on exceptional volume. The break out was from a consolidation having arguably broken above it's stage one base, a previous 2A break out having dropped below the 30 wma. It's a bit extended to get in at this price imo but one may consider it if presented with an opportunity for a secondary entry. Going off the size of the volume today, if profit taking comes in it may not drop below gap support.

The stock paid a dividend of just over 5% last year all though the payout has weakened since 2009. One thing which may be in it's favour is that although it is head quartered in London its operations are primarily in the less indebted and arguably less developed countries of central and latin america. It is also in the globally strong telecoms service sector.

PRT's chart does not go back very far but if you have access to chart that goes back to 2000 you will see that this stock was trading at over £500.

12-18-2013, 07:58 PM

When I signed up for OptionMonsters' free account so I could view their sub-group performance page, they started sending me alert emails. I usually ignore them but this one seemed interesting. Bullish call activity on EA with a $25-$29 spread for March.

To me, it looks like EA has entered a Stage 3 and will likely go sideways for a couple months before it decides if it wants to move to Stage 2 continuation or Stage 4. It seems like the bulls here are thinking that the stock has pulled back quite a bit recently, and then couple that with 4Q earnings from Xmas video games sales probably expected to be positive, then it could be a good play to go long for a couple months until it at least hits the upper range of the Stage 3 channel.

It certainly would be speculating and it doesn't exactly fit with Stan's method but I would be curious to hear some feedback on this potential play. At $25, it would be about a 10% gain and at $29 it would be about a 30% move from today's price.

Thanks.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison
12-18-2013, 10:27 PM

(12-18-2013 07:58 PM)theory6453 Wrote:  When I signed up for OptionMonsters' free account so I could view their sub-group performance page, they started sending me alert emails. I usually ignore them but this one seemed interesting. Bullish call activity on EA with a $25-$29 spread for March.

To me, it looks like EA has entered a Stage 3 and will likely go sideways for a couple months before it decides if it wants to move to Stage 2 continuation or Stage 4. It seems like the bulls here are thinking that the stock has pulled back quite a bit recently, and then couple that with 4Q earnings from Xmas video games sales probably expected to be positive, then it could be a good play to go long for a couple months until it at least hits the upper range of the Stage 3 channel.

It certainly would be speculating and it doesn't exactly fit with Stan's method but I would be curious to hear some feedback on this potential play. At $25, it would be about a 10% gain and at $29 it would be about a 30% move from today's price.

Thanks.

It also has a nice candlestick reversal pattern on the weekly, if it is a participant in the seasonal pattern the Santa Claus rally - assuming it repeats this year - then it will move higher. I am reliably informed that the Santa Claus rally does not start in earnest until the last 5 trading days of the year and usually lasts a couple of days into the new year. Although it may seem that there is a lot in favour of the trade if you put the all important 200 dma moving on your chart you will see it is having trouble moving above this. For that reason I would not take the trade at this point, apart from that I would not want to get in trouble with isatrader.... only kidding Smile
12-20-2013, 02:08 AM

RVSB and BDSI both have potential to make Stage 2 continuation moves higher and have good combinations of volume and relative performance.

isatrader

12-20-2013, 02:14 AM

A few UK stocks for the trader watchlist - SYR.L, JDW.L

isatrader

12-21-2013, 01:41 PM

UK stocks for the watchlist showing strong relative volume - BES.L, VEC.L, EPO.L, KGP.L, DGE.L, OCL.L, APC.L, BLU.L, STCM.L, MIN.L

isatrader