Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis
09-21-2013, 12:25 PM

Major Stock Indexes Update

Attached is the updated major equity index charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3217]

US Stock Indexes

European Stock Indexes

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2013, 12:39 PM

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX).

Copper (HG) continues to improve adding 2 to it's technical attributes score this week and is now a 5 out of 9 score, and so I'd rate it as in normal Stage 1 now. Gold's (GC) technical attributes score also improved 1 point to a score of 3 out 9 and so I'd rate it as in Stage 4B- currently. Crude Oil (CL) dropped two points from it's technical attributes score and now has a 7 out of 9 score and is still in Stage 2. Finally the Dollar Index (DX) which lost another point from it's technical attributes score this week and now has a zero out of 9 score and moved into Stage 4A on Wednesday.

isatrader

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
09-21-2013, 12:40 PM

US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries

Attached is the updated US 10 & 30 Year Treasuries charts.

isatrader

09-21-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 03:52 PM by gbarbs.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

isa - over what time period does it use to rank them? is it a year?

i have not used these charts yet but am peeking this morning. it is nice to see an overall picture in one place. i noticed the REIT's performed well recently, but I know many of those charts look like they are turning into stage 4. so i went through them again to find a good short on a pullback and safer entry. Here's a handful I'm going to look at. I had screened this group before and posted on the trader watchlist, but am going to look again - maybe some have pulled back to safer entry points recently.

STAG, SPG, SKT, WRI, UBP, WY, PPS

by the way - this was a response to the relative performance charts....
09-21-2013, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 04:04 PM by isatrader.)

RE: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

(09-21-2013 03:51 PM)gbarbs Wrote:  isa - over what time period does it use to rank them? is it a year?

i have not used these charts yet but am peeking this morning. it is nice to see an overall picture in one place. i noticed the REIT's performed well recently, but I know many of those charts look like they are turning into stage 4. so i went through them again to find a good short on a pullback and safer entry. Here's a handful I'm going to look at. I had screened this group before and posted on the trader watchlist, but am going to look again - maybe some have pulled back to safer entry points recently.

STAG, SPG, SKT, WRI, UBP, WY, PPS

by the way - this was a response to the relative performance charts....

It's measured over the last year, but they use a calculation that divides the year into four quarters and gives more weighting to the current quarter. For a complete explanation got to: http://www.chartmill.com/documentation.p...20Strength and see the bottom section titled "Relative Strength by Ranking"

isatrader

09-22-2013, 12:26 AM

US Industry Sectors

Attached are the updated US Major Sector Charts and relative performance table.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3266]

isatrader

09-28-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 04:13 PM by isatrader.)

Major Stock Indexes Update

Attached is the updated major equity index charts and relative performance table.

Notes: The VIX has moved above the zero line this week in the relative performance table, and I've highlighted a momentum divergence on the S&P 500 chart which continues to make lower peaks below it's moving average while the price has been making higher highs, which is notably different to the last two years, and so a possible warning.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3463]

US Stock Indexes

European Stock Indexes

isatrader

09-28-2013, 04:14 PM

Commodities Update and the Dollar Index

Attached is the updated major commodities charts, Gold (GC), Copper (HG), West Texas Intermediate Crude (CL) and the Dollar Index (DX).

isatrader